04 December, 2007

Please tell Microsoft about this problem

If you are a Windows user you probably know this request quite well. No, this post is not yet another Microsoft or Windows bashing (though I switched to Mac OS X lately). It's only about an incident I had last weekend on the Times Square in New York where I really did not expect to see that message:



(I took the picture on Nov 24th 2007, around 4:30 pm.)

When I saw this on one of the big screens I really had to laugh. How embarrassing is this? For Windows and Flash (though I was surprised and impressed that these screens are running on Windows and Flash). It will be (justified) bad press for them though. Everybody sees his prejudices proved on the big screen. But it is especially embarrassing for the advertiser. How many thousands of people are walking over the Times Square on Thanksgiving's Saturday? At least it was incredibly crowded and I was probably not the only one who noticed that.

No comments: